COMES IN PAIR OF TWO SOCKS
Incrediwear Equine Circulation Hoof Socks fit horse's legs comfortably and are created to accelerate recovery time and improve performance. Not based on compression. Based on negative ions technology.
- Post-workout recovery;
- Injury recovery (anti-inflammatory);
- Trailering and night rest (only when secured with Standing Wraps on top);
- Instant icing (when wet).
- Reduced swelling and inflammation;
- Reduced soreness and muscle fatigue;
- Increased blood circulation;
- Increased lymphatic drainage;
- Accelerated recovery time;
- Cooling effect.
Since not based on compression, can be used for extended periods of time.
Cold Therapy – Simply hose Circulation Hoof Socks with regular water for an instant icing effect. Cold therapy effectiveness will remain for 45 min up to 1 hour to reduce swelling. For a more dramatic icing effect, hot water can be used - place Hoof Socks in hot water for 2 minutes, rinse excess water, wait a minute for socks to cool down a bit, and apply.
Some conditions amenable to treatment with Incrediwear Equine Circulation Hoof Socks:
Laminitis - Laminitis is a debilitating disease, particularly in the acute phases. Ice therapy has been shown to be beneficial at this stage of the disease. Incrediwear Equine Circulation Socks can be applied wet to reduce laminar inflammation through their “icing” effects. Repeatedly wetting the socks will prolong the icing effect.
Navicular - With the advent of MRI, “navicular disease” as a term has been replaced with more a accurate description of the pathology involved in most cases of foot lameness. Nevertheless, most conditions associated with the navicular region involve inflammation, and would likely benefit from wearing the Incrediwear Equine Circulation Socks dry while in the stall.
Deep Digital Flexor Tendon (DDFT) Lesions- While tendon lesions in the metacarpus and pastern have been diagnosed for years via ultrasound, DDFT lesions in the foot have only been reliably diagnosed with MRI. Treatment may include regenerative therapies, but the most important aspect of the rehabilitation appears to be time off on stall rest. Incrediwear Equine Circulation Socks can be worn during this prolonged period of stall rest.
“Bad Footed” Horses- By stimulating the blood flow at the coronary band, Incrediwear Equine Circulation Socks can aid with hoof growth in “bad footed” horses. This might include those with “shelly” feet, slow hoof growth, quarter cracks, or contracted heels. Incrediwear Equine Circulation Socks can be worn around the clock in the stall.
Pastern Injuries - Incrediwear Equine Circulation Socks can be used for any injury to the pastern region. This would include injuries to the straight or oblique sesamoidean ligaments, the DDFT or SDFT branches, and the tendon sheath.
Important! Usage of Incrediwear Equine products for specific conditions should be under the supervision and/or advice of your veterinarian. If your veterinarian is not familiar with Incrediwear Equine, have them contact us for more information.
*In rare cases, a horse may become “overstimulated” by the increased blood flow and begin pawing or tearing at the socks. In this case, the product should be removed, although it may be reapplied on a subsequent day or for a shorter period of time.
DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
1. Immediately following working, training, or competing with your horse, put on and hose Circulation Hoof Socks. Then leave on the horse for 45 minutes up to 1 hour. Circulation Hoof Socks provide an icing effect for 45 minutes up to 1 hour to decrease swelling.
2. Dry Circulation Hoof Socks can be worn for up to 24hrs. On medium to large-size legs socks stay on overnight very well, when used overnight or for extended periods of time. Though when using them for thin legs, Hoof Socks must be secured with Circulation Standing Wraps or any non-therapeutic pillow wraps on top to keep them in place or the upper part of the sock can be folded down.
3. To enhance the longevity of the hoof socks, we recommend utilizing a thick plastic bag over the hoof during application. This practice facilitates smooth gliding of the sock over sharp nails, effectively preventing fabric tears and ensuring extended durability.
GENERAL GUIDELINES: Incrediwear is a novel “athletic” fabric that has been used in the human sports industry for over 6 years. Incrediwear is a germanium/carbon-embedded fiber that is activated when exposed to body heat, with negative ion release triggering a mechanical increase in blood flow to the area combined with increased lymphatic drainage from the area resulting in its unique properties. Incrediwear Equine has adapted these concepts into a new line of products focusing on the equine distal limb. Basically, when applied dry, the product will increase blow flow and promote lymphatic drainage. When applied wet, (particularly with warm or hot water) an endothermic reaction occurs, resulting in decreasing surface temperatures, eliciting an “ice bandage” effect. Implementing these general principles, the product can be applied dry before exercise to increase blood flow and wet following exercise for the “icing” effect. All applications should be under the supervision and/or advice of your veterinarian. If your veterinarian is not familiar with Incrediwear Equine, have them contact the office for more information.
WASHING INSTRUCTIONS: Place in a pillowcase or wash bag. Wash warm or cold up to 104F (40C). Tumble dry low. DO NOT bleach. DO NOT iron. DO NOT dry clean.